Monday, July 20, 2009

Cloud Flowers - my latest quilt. Surprisingly, its a one hanky quilt !



I know I said I would probably not do any more 'one hanky quiltmaking' after publishing my book on the subject.

I have a developing website on the subject of one hanky quiltmaking.




But a family friend, a latter day flower child, gave me such a beautiful ,flower-oriented, highly unusual hanky I couldn't resist.

The material of the hanky was wonderful to work with - a soft linen.  In keeping with the theme, I added a tied-dyed backing to this quilt.

The hanky was made up of flowers floating as if in the sky.

The fact that the friend, Amy Honey , is herself a young 'flower child' in many ways, made the making of this 20"x 20" quilt a delight.

My son, Michael, and his better half, Rebecca, helped name this quilt.


3 comments:

  1. Hello Grandmother,

    Congratulations on posting a photo! The quilt looks amazing! The colours are great and the tie-dye is funky!

    You are always so creative!

    love,
    Kandice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funky ?! Funky?

    My my , that word takes me back a pace,
    I minds the time.... (etc)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mom,

    I love the way that handkerchief quilt turned out. Your handquilting really shows up well.

    Congratulations on your new blog!

    Margo

    ReplyDelete